R52: One year anniversary edition, now with Twitter Authentication
Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening.
This week we enabled the ability to sign up using Twitter as well as Facebook, so if you would like to use those credentials as the primary way you login to the site, no problem. You can also post material to and from Facebook, but you will be known on the service primarily by your Twitter handle.
You can try it out by going to the homepage and logging in with Twitter. If you already have an account with us, you can add your twitter credentials whenever you make a comment and post to twitter or if you share via Twitter.
You can follow your favorite teams on Facebook now, and that functionality is exposed on the team pages (in the left column, the blue button.)
Some examples of team pages on Facebook:
- College Basketball-Kentucky Wildcats
- NFL-New Orleans Saints
- MLB-Yankees and Red Sox
These feeds publish headlines, scores, boxscores, photos and other updates directly on Facebook.
- We fixed the badging so that there is only one Commissioner, and so that Newbies show up in the right place
- We added the mildly unintentionally funny Ozzie Guillen’s twitter feed for your consumption
- You can also get Bill Simmons, the Sports Guy
- And Deadspin, so that you don’t have to go hunting for your favorite sports writers
- Baseball schedules for 2010 are up on the team pages for MLB
- We reformatted the team and player pages so that they look good (that is, not like a ransom note) in Internet Explorer 7 and 8, which are super finicky about style sheets
- Roster pages have been cleaned up to look like our super fresh schedule pages
And we are up to 7,000 content sources, including all of the material submitted in the past month.
Thanks for your support, and let us know if we are missing anything, here.