R55: Location, all you ever wanted
A principal feature of FanFeedr is to provide a localized subset of news, photos and scores to unregistered users, based on our best guess at their present location (sometimes this involves a cork bobbing in a bowl of water with a magnetized needle through it, but not always). But what if you want news about local teams in Boston or Seattle while you’re vacationing in Detroit?* This week’s release allows you do to just that — we’re introducing local pages for metro areas around the country. Here’s the deets (and some info on other goodies):
- New pages for metro areas
- Get content on local colleges, teams and players
- Also available as widgets or via the API
- At-a-glance navigation for local teams
- Improved navigation for F1 and NASCAR. Now you can find your favorite F1 and NASCAR teams more quickly and easily.
- Improved support for IE8. The neverending story continues.
Also, as noted previously, we’ve recently released version 1.4 of our iPhone app, and our crack Mobile Platforms Development team is hard at work on the upcoming iPad version. And, as always, we eagerly solicit your feedback using the red Feedback button on the left hand side of every page.
Until next time, then, we remain
Your friends at FanFeedr.
*Work with us here, people. Don’t hate on the Motor City.